Chat in English (英語で雑談) Part 150
- 1 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/21(日) 22:04:41
( ´･ω･) Let's have a Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1982 and chat!
と＿)＿) 旦 旦 旦 旦 旦 旦 旦 旦
Chat in English (英語で雑談) Part 149
Hey!!! you NEETs, nerds, YouTube-link spammers, pedophiles, neo-Nazis,
Yukorin enthusiasts, Nanako SOS admirers, Part-Time-Preachers,
Diplomats' spoiled sons, losers who can't remember Kanji characters,
Big-boobs fans, Weeaboos from all over the world, learners of Japanese
who are too lazy to update their Japanese blogs very often, cunning
linguists and stupid fan girls of Johnny's Boys.
And let's hope the Internet-addicted housewife will come back soon!
This is the place to have a masquerade!!!!!
- 44 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 15:55:24
- THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOREAN WAR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 45 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 16:21:03
What's the difference between nanashi and nunushi.
Is nunushi evolved nanashi like the way picachu evolves?
- 46 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 16:38:17
- Is this a joke to show the characteristics of people from three region?
Is there common understanding that people from England is optimistic or
dumb? I guess the aim of this joke is compare people from three regions so
Scotsman, Irishman and an Englishman can't be replaced just by John, Mike, Steve, right?
English man is considered less religious in UK?
A Scotsman, an Irishman and an Englishman signed up for the Police
Academy. They were interviewed separately, and the first question
asked by their interviewer, a highly religious man, was, “Who killed
Jesus Christ?” The Scotsman went in first, and his reply was, “The
Romans did it!” The Irishman was next in, and after thinking for a
moment said, “The Romans did it!” Next came the Englishman, who
rubbed his chin and shook his head. “No, I’m sorry, old boy. I haven’t
got a clue.” The interviewer told him to go home for a week and think
about it before coming back for a second interview. When he got home,
the Englishman’s wife asked him how he got on, and he replied, “Fine.
My first day on the job, and they’ve assigned me to a murder case.”
- 47 ：nunushi ◆NANaShiTfI ：2010/11/23(火) 16:37:38
- NANASHI has evolved into NUNUSHI!
Sp. Atk: 186
Sp. Def: 124
Would you like to give a nickname to NUNUSHI?
- 48 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 17:11:12
- Korea and North korea will start a war?
NK used canon.
- 49 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 20:44:59
- We have to understand the fact that Japan is the most peaseful nation.
- 50 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 21:14:48
- Good morning returnees.
(￣⊂人 //⌒ ノ
旦 (⌒￣ ￣￣￣￣￣￣⌒)
- 51 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 22:07:36
- hey, everybody
just relax and take a deep breath.
if you do as i said, you could sleep very well.
but you don't have to thank me for my advice.
- 52 ：埋地 ◆eMTYZaOJDw ：2010/11/23(火) 22:21:08
- Today is lucky day. The new comer party(see >>42) is
canceled! Thank you God! Hallelujah(by the way, I'm not
- 53 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 22:25:28
- No one talk to me. Help me!!!!!!
- 54 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 22:35:22
You mean at school or work place or here?
- 55 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 22:43:45
They useally use DPRK as an abbreviation for North Korea.
And I don't care whether they are going in war or not.
That even might help yen's depreciation.
- 56 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 22:53:25
- there are dead soldiers, it's just problem...
- 57 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/23(火) 23:10:20
nunutimpo : armed with Excalibur, a legendary timpo
- 58 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 00:55:45
- If you live in US, check this site out.
This site is said to expose all of your personal info just by typing your
name. Maybe they all are data that you make available on the net already.
If you try it, let me know your result.
- 59 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 01:05:23
They obviously don't know who I am,
though I have a webpage for my professional stuff, and a facebook account.
- 60 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 02:14:57
Does that mean the result show your web page and facebook account?
I don't know how it works but it seems the site gather all info you
exposed on the net so far.
- 61 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 03:01:43
- I think what he said is opposite to what you said.
I suppose He couldn't find any data regarding him.
- 62 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 03:53:06
- I was reading up about north and south korean attacks. Things are getting
crazy over there. I hope a war doesn't break out. But tension is quite high
and it might be unavoidable. Hopefully six party talks can calm things down
and negotiate things out. And if there is a war, US might have to fight two wars
at the same time. US needs to stop fighting wars.
- 63 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 07:27:31
- That's what N. Korea wants too and so they're going to take it too far this time around again.
They will run out of bullets right away if they do. They just shelled the island in attempts to get
America back to the table of negotiations and get some better deals there.
And it seems like they failed.
The US is not planning on resuming the stalled six-way talks yet, according to a US envoy.
- 64 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 07:34:04
- First line should read "They're *not* going to"
- 65 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 07:56:13
- North Koreans have no Seoul.
- 66 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 08:19:56
- This attack is actually doing a good job of knocking Yen down.
- 67 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 12:54:05
Ah, I see.
- 68 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 13:59:08
Haha I chuckled heartily. Thank you.
- 69 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 15:18:43
This model was introduced in this thread before.
I didn't know she came to Japan.
- 70 ：nunushi ◆NANaShiTfI ：2010/11/24(水) 15:32:43
- That picture was photoshopped.
- 71 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 16:35:29
No. She does exist. Someone posted her promotion video
(Youtube's link)here long before.
- 72 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 16:44:23
- Remember there was an event for world's first atomic bombing in Hiroshima.
Some nuclear nations joined including U.S.
Remember the attendance Ban said nuclear weapons to be
eradicated from the world while atomic bomb survivors are still alive.
Remember Kan said something like Japan is the only country to have experienced nuclear devastation in war,
has moral responsibility to lead in actions toward realizing a world without nuclear weapons.
- 73 ：nunushi ◆NANaShiTfI ：2010/11/24(水) 16:56:03
I mean her appearance on that show was photoshopped.
- 74 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 17:15:11
Now I understand what you mean. Yeah, if you look close, it seems like so. (I didn't notice that until you pointed out. Stupid me.)
She didn't make appearance on the show itself but the news she came to Japan
was reported on the show that's why her image was put in when the show
was broadcast for TV viewers can see how tall she is.
She'll make apperance on some TV shows including that one, I guess.
Anyway, I misinterpereted what you said.
- 75 ：埋地 ◆eMTYZaOJDw ：2010/11/24(水) 17:29:21
- (About >>69's photo, the scene of Tokudane, Fuji Tevevision's news program)
I'm surprised at her height. Not fake? Really? Anyway, I want to know where
she went to place in Japan...(Probably, she went to around Tokyo...).
Speaking of high tall man/woman, I watched a TV program about such people.
was saying that they will never fail to die early because of some illness(Sorry,
I've forgotten)... So, she will be dead early...
And here an unrelated topic is. To all foreigners who like/love Dragon Ball,
do you know "Dr.Slump"? The comics were also produced by Akira Toriyama.
The comics and the animation based on these were so popular.
Below the movie of the animation's opening.
I ask this question to them because I wonder if all they also know Dr.Slump.
- 76 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 19:16:35
- I want to ask you guys about "hillbillies".
I read an article about the movie Winters Bone that featureling hillbillies.
I googled this word, but I still have no idea how this word being used?
I mean derogatory or something bad images?
and Sorry my bad English.
- 77 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 19:41:05
- Hillbilly is a word for people in the southern states who reside in the countryside and rural areas.
It is derogatory but not as bad as something like white trash.
Think of it like someone who is uneducated and speaks a very slanged and
grammatically incorrect English. The stereotype is that they are not smart
and have no manners. But just a stereotype. It's not good to take stereotypes
- 78 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 20:05:24
Thanks a lot!
Since I watched this movie, I was wondering they are like "buraku" in Japan.
They are so poor,uneducated,dealing cracks….
But I understand it's just a stereotype.
- 79 ：キモイ人：2010/11/24(水) 20:12:19
I know "Dr. Slump", but I'm also the kind of person who visits 2ch. I think most people (I only know about Americans) who like Dragonball do not know "Dr. Slump." I think, too, that most Americans only know Dragonball Z and don't know Goku as a child.
- 80 ：KG2ch：2010/11/24(水) 20:32:43
- >>78 what do you mean, tall women die early? from what illness?
- 81 ：埋地 ◆eMTYZaOJDw ：2010/11/24(水) 20:59:46
Thank you for responding to me. Well, you say most Dragon
Ball freak in the US may not know Dr.Slump... I see. Dr.Slump
is gag comics.
As you watch the movie I showed on >>75, this is so funny.
For example, speakable sun, speakable crap(Arare loves and
always pick at it with a twig, running around the ground every
time), Suppaman(the character is a parody of Superman, "Suppa"
means "sour" in Eng. He always eat an umeboshi everytime he
"transforms" himself into Suppaman), and so on...
In You Tube, there are most of all the animation's stories. If you're
interested in, you can watch these. I think you'll never fail to be
- 82 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/24(水) 23:21:50
I guess you don't understand both hillbillies and burake people.
By your reasoning blacks in slam and hillbillies are similar.
I don't think many people agree with that.
- 83 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 00:13:33
- 84 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 01:23:53
- A lot of Europeans are like hillbillies living in the past although they may not be that poor or engaged in agriculture.
Some of them even think themselves educated but not really, they just follow rationalized racist belief systems such as white supremacy.
Typically, the misplaced sense of superiority and poverty go hand in hand, and racial bigotry is pretty rampant on the internet.
- 85 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 01:33:14
It's not good to take stereotypes to heart, OK?
- 86 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 01:42:00
- Oops. Did I hit a raw nerve? Sometimes a stereotype goes beyond a mere description - Truth.
- 87 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 01:48:28
- What is hillbillies ?????
- 88 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 01:50:44
- Something that's come out of your penis.
- 89 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 01:55:25
- 90 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 06:38:36
Urine or sperm?
Nothing else I have seen coming out of mine.
- 91 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 09:34:43
- Zooey Claire Deschanel
Do you think she's pretty? There are tons of guys who love her around my area.
But I still can't see her charm. Why is she so appealing?
- 92 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 09:35:15
- I know what "...is based in (state's name such as Wisconsin)." meaning it is in the state.
But what does "...is based out (State's name) "mean?
- 93 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 09:45:10
Because She is natural
- 94 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 09:47:42
- 95 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 09:56:15
- it is impolite to cut people, even if they are natural
- 96 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 09:58:37
He>94 only forgot to type "e"
- 97 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 10:22:10
it might be a she and she could be tremendously jealous. or she forgot
to type "e" and has girlish fantasies about her. either way is ok
- 98 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 10:39:32
Taste differ from person to person.
Personally, I can't find distinctive charm.
- 99 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 10:40:07
- She's jealous of her charm
- 100 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 10:59:05
- I think she's sort of a queen in the indies film world, but is not able to
be superstar in Hollywood. She's very very attractive in a way but
only some otaku boys would catch her charm. All the boys are
Otaku,probably that's why she's very popular among my area^^ They also love Perfume,
which is just ordinary girls band that has no appealing at all IMO. So same tendency can be
seen on her^^
- 101 ：nunushi ◆NANaShiTfI ：2010/11/25(木) 11:03:01
I believe the two have similar meaning.
"He is based in Wisconsin"
"He is based out of Wisconsin"
It's the same thing, I think.
Maybe, the second one implies that the person/company frequently moves
from or exports products or services out of Wisconsin?
I think the second one is used more with companies, but honestly it
doesn't matter which you use.
- 102 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 11:09:12
Thanks! Yes, I was talking about a company.
I should have expalined it when I first posted.
- 103 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 13:05:06
- Good night movers.
ｌ ３ ハ::::::::::::::::::::::ヽ,
∫ .＜、・_ ( ）
旦 (⌒￣ ￣￣￣￣￣￣⌒)
- 104 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 19:12:14
Sometimes cartoons are the best at representing stereotypes:
- 105 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 19:36:18
- Have you ever heard of "Far East Movement?"
They are Asian but reached to the top of Billboard chart a sew weeks back.
If you know something about them, please share it.
I wonder if their origin is Japan or Korea. My hunch tells me they are from Korea by
- 106 ：キモイ人：2010/11/25(木) 19:57:51
According to English Wikipedia, the four members are Asian-American. One is Japanese, one is Korean, one is Chinese, and one is Filipino.
- 107 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 20:05:40
Oh, Thanks. I was too lazy to look it up myself.
Are you familiar with them? I guess it's not that easy for Asians climb
to the top of Billboard chart. I don't thing it was the total chart. Must have been
- 108 ：KG2ch：2010/11/25(木) 20:50:38
- Who dissed Perfume here?
saying they are ordinary girls... they are mrketed that way!
you look down on women so easily!
Perfume are unique, look at KGKGKG he listens to metal but loves Perfume.
- 109 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/25(木) 22:28:37
You mean the Japanese Youtuber?
He is a wierd man. Nobodfy takes him seriously.
Wanna be shown around by him when you visit Kyoto?
- 110 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 00:53:48
- Good morning movers.
(￣⊂人 //⌒ ノ
旦 (⌒￣ ￣￣￣￣￣￣⌒)
- 111 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 00:59:43
- get lost
- 112 ：KG2ch：2010/11/26(金) 03:10:16
- >>109 I wouldn't mind anyone but him. He scares me seriously.
- 113 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 03:29:32
- magibon is a bitch
- 114 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 03:34:57
- you're also bitch
- 115 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 03:37:23
- no, i happen to be a gay!
- 116 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 03:46:05
- that's reason why you're bitch
- 117 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 03:56:13
- that doesn't stand to reason modafuka
- 118 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 04:28:48
- if you cannot grasp implicit meaning, you must be non native speaker
- 119 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 04:35:06
- i bet neither are you
- 120 ：KG2ch：2010/11/26(金) 05:14:11
- It is 0 deg C righ now. Cycling in this cold weather is not easy at all.
The humidity is too high an dthere is a wind that makes it feel colder than it is.
- 121 ：イギリス人：2010/11/26(金) 09:49:36
- It's -2ºC here right now, and the ground is just a huge sheet of ice,
since it snowed heavily last night but melted during the day.
- 122 ：nihon-jin：2010/11/26(金) 10:20:56
- I'm on a trip in Tohoku district. Yesterday night inside the hotel room was so hot that I couldn't sleep well. So I'm insane sleepy this morning.
It is difficult to see internet until tomorrow.
- 123 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 10:27:26
- Happy Thanksgiving english speaking 2ch denizens! It's 47 degrees Fahrenheit
right now and I'm already cold. So it must be even worse for you guys. Stay warm!
- 124 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 11:07:37
- We didn't invade American continent.
We didn't kill native Americans.
We were't fed by them, either.
So, there's no such a thing as Thanks giving day here.
- 125 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 11:33:02
- Japanese army killed native american because they were in front line as meat shield.
- 126 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 11:41:30
- 127 ：イギリス人：2010/11/26(金) 12:10:39
Thanks! Handy equation for conversion if we're not around a computer.
Usually just type in, say, "47f in c" into Google.
- 128 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 14:12:24
- Good night hermaphrodites.
ｌ ３ ハ::::::::::::::::::::::ヽ,
∫ .＜、・_ ( ）
旦 (⌒￣ ￣￣￣￣￣￣⌒)
- 129 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 15:02:46
- I'm sorry I did not convert. Forgive my rudeness.
- 130 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/26(金) 18:59:28
- I ask you some question.
How long have you been leaning English ?
- 131 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 00:52:09
- Good morning hermaphrodites.
(￣⊂人 //⌒ ノ
旦 (⌒￣ ￣￣￣￣￣￣⌒)
- 132 ：nunushi ◆NANaShiTfI ：2010/11/27(土) 04:23:59
Are we really? Last I checked I wasn't.
- 133 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 04:29:17
- Check again.
Right next to your anal you have vagina.
Don't try to incert your penise in it.
- 134 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 05:02:53
- it is surprising that cat >>128 heats up his wine before bed.
- 135 ：nunushi ◆NANaShiTfI ：2010/11/27(土) 05:04:28
- Today is Black Friday, where stores sell things at big discounts. Malls
get very crowded.
I live next to the largest mall in the US by retail area, and it was
very crowded at 5:00AM.
I ended up buying a pair of headphones made by Sennheiser, a German
company. They are amazing.
- 136 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 05:24:07
Sennheiser is well known to Japanese.
These days they make headphone for PC gamers and their product is received
favorably in Japan though some of their products haven't good sound quality.
then, did you recover from cold?
- 137 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 06:09:05
What kind nanashi? I'm guessing HD555 becuase those were on sale.
- 138 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 07:00:06
- please create another thread of 'chat in english for beginner'.
- 139 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 08:18:24
- This thread is also for beginner.
I could still understand what he want to say.
Anyway, If you want to have that one, why don't you create it yourself?
- 140 ：KG2ch：2010/11/27(土) 08:19:33
- >>134 He likes mulled wine; looks like the heating in his house
has broken down.
Maybe he cannot afford the gas bills.
- 141 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 08:45:15
- A cat that pays for its gas bills? That is just preposterous.
- 142 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 09:04:11
actually this is not for beginners.
please find >>100, it is too long to read for beginner.
all you are mis-understanding yourselves.
so please create 'for beginners', because i could not create any thread due to restriction.
- 143 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 09:18:44
- What do you guys think of 4chan?
- 144 ：名無しさん＠英語勉強中：2010/11/27(土) 09:19:29
- It can be fun at times. But people are too boisterous on there.
read.cgi ver 05.04.02 2018/11/22 Walang Kapalit ★
FOX ★ DSO(Dynamic Shared Object)